Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tot School-Tangrams

I have to first say that I do not go out of my way to teach Charlotte.  One of the reasons we like to homeschool is because it is work at your own pace and there is no pressure.  So I do not expect my two year old to do anything.  But we do however have fun educational toys that she can play with while I am working with the "Bigs".  That being said.  A few weeks ago I pulled out the tangrams. They are colorful and really I just thought she would like them.  This is what she did with them with no prompting:


They were in a pile and she started to separate them by color.  I know it wasn't shape (that is really for a much older child).  I was surprised to see that she would do that on her own.  (The lower picture is just of the pile).  I decided to pull out the sheets that have patterns on them and see how she would do with it.

She knew immediately what to do.  She matched the colors. Ellie decided to get in on the action as well.


This is a great intro to colors and shapes for Char and patterns for Ellie.  They were both very proud of themselves.  And I was proud of them too!


No comments: