Saturday, October 9, 2010

Letting Go

A few weeks ago I blogged about getting rid of all of the excess.  Today I finally had a garage sale that I would say was pretty successful. The thing is that I felt very sad and even though I liked counting the dollar bills I felt like I was getting rid of something that I really should be holding on to. 

I am a big purger.  I always throw away more then I should.  My house doesn't always reflect that because to be quite honest...I LIVE HERE! But for the most part I like to throw things away.  Never in my life have I experienced something like this whole clothes thing.  I can't get rid of my kids clothes.  I don't know why.  Jackson was 5 before I finally got rid of all of his clothes.  FIVE YEARS of holding on to that crap.  Even when I was ready to do it I still felt bad after.  The same thing today.  There was still a lot of stuff left over but I could not bring myself to take to Goodwill.  I needed to hold on to it. 

It is all still sitting in my car.  No one other then the driver can get into the car because of all of the clothes.  Little pieces of cloth that represent memories over that last 5 years.  It is hard.  I am sure I will get over it soon. Just not today.

No comments: