Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting for my glimpse

I don't have anything too interesting to blog about today.  But I thought it would be good to blog anyway.  Maybe I can talk about some things I have been feeling lately.

Our life is in this limbo now.  It is a hard place to be.  You want to have the assurance of a paycheck in two weeks when in all actuality you know that in a week and 2 days you could potentially be getting the last one.  It is scary that I have $88 in my savings account and although there is a severance it needs to last long enough for Troy to get a job.  It is scary when others in our situation crush your positive attitude about things because they are in the fire and it is really hot...and they are letting you know just how hot it can be.  Then there are those that seem to be getting it all.  It just all falls into their laps (at least that is they way it looks from the outside looking in).  I find myself wondering what the plan is.  Why is all of this happening?  What am I supposed to do.  So far the only thing I am getting is nothing.  Which means I need to keep doing what I am doing and wait.

Many do not seem to get this.  There are some that have asked when I am going to go back to work.  I would do it tomorrow if I had to.  But I have been prayerful in this decision and so far I have not heard God tell me to stop homeschooling my kids.  If anything I feel like when I pray this prayer more doors and resources open up to just solidify the decision in homeschooling.  I know that is hard for many to understand.

I can honestly say that I am not worried about God providing but I am really anxious to know what the plan is.  I know it is unrealistic to think that He would tell me, but sometimes he gives us glimpses.  I guess I will just have to wait and see.  Waiting...I seem to do that a lot these days.  I pray that He will let me capture a glimpse sooner rather then later.

Wow for someone that has nothing to say I was able to get some stuff out!

1 comment:

Gayla said...

Christi, I am praying for your family. Hang in there, friend. I know waiting can be hard.