Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sing for Spring

I absolutely love spring.  It is so beautiful here.  I love that it is cool in the morning but warm in the afternoon and just when you think it is getting a little too hot, the sun starts to set and the breeze gets cooler and you can stay out for another couple of hours.  I have never understood people who do not enjoy the outdoors.  I am not a nature enthusiast by any means, but if it is pretty out, we are NOT in the house.  Luckily, I have a neighbor who feels the same way.  She and her two boys come out and play with us all of the time.  So now with our new swing set the kids are outside even more.  For the last two days the girls have rushed out to the backyard as soon as they were finished with breakfast.  And then back out again after nap.  What a blessing, and what a great investment. 

So we have been singing about spring in WAM.  And I must say that even though it is a preschool curriculum and the tunes get stuck in your head, it is so nice to praise the Lord for something that in Houston only lasts for a little while.  So I am singing for Spring, the season I adore.  And the new life from the Lord! 

Which brings me to my Bible study.  I had signed up for a Monday night study in January.  I only went once and then our lives became so full that unfortunately that is what I chose to give up.  Bible study is my accountability group and without it, I am hardly accountable.  It is sad but true.  I miss having the quiet time with the Lord, but have allowed it to become anything but a priority. 

So, I started this week on my study.  It is called "Set Apart" by Jennifer Kennedy Dean.  It is about the Beattitudes and holiness.  So in week one what has stood out to me is

Romans 6:14 "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, you are under grace".  

Wow!  What an awesome statement.  Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant.  And through Him came the New Covenant.  We will never live up to God's standard's but because of Christ, He gives us grace!  So, even though I have been a slacker He is still there for me.  I am not saying that there were not consequences.  I missed out on a huge part of the revival at our church and I have missed out on quality time with the One who created me.  But He never left, He waited patiently for me to come around.  Isn't that awesome!  I am so looking forward to other things that stand out and that show me His unconditional love!

1 comment:

T2T said...

What a great post! And we can't stop singing sing for spring either! :)