Thursday, April 1, 2010

In the mood

To start blogging again, on a regular basis.  I used to be so good at keeping up.  I have another blogging account and although I don't use it anymore; it is nice to look back at it.  I can see where I have grown and were I still need too! 

I have found myself answering the "How are you?" with "Good, but really busy".  This is something that can be construed as both good and bad.  I could be bored, which means that I am not doing anything, which means my house is a mess, my kids are dirty and unfed, I am failing my classes, oh and most importantly I am not teaching Jackson.  There are also the ballet lessons, football games and practices, PE classes, and don't forget the never-ending list of church activities that we are involved in.  And then the social life.  It is important to be around other people that don't share your last name every once in a while.  And although all these things are important to me; I have to ask, are they really that important? 

I have to look at what we are doing as a family.  Are Troy and I teaching our children what we think that God wants us to?  Is this why He made us a family; to be busy all of the time and EXHAUSTED most of the time?  I don't think so.  But what do we give up?  Where is the balance?  I am not sure of the answer to that question.  What I am sure of is that we are called, as parents, to teach the Word to our children.  I think that if I can get that, I am doing something right.  I love the teachable "God moments"  that we get.  And they seem to come more and more these days. 

All of this to say that although I am busy and I truly have a lot on my plate, I need to etch out more time for my God, my family, and those "God moments" with them.  One day they will be grown up.  They will have their own families.  They will answer "Busy but good" to the "How are you's?".  It is then the fruits of my labor and the answers to prayer will be truly seen.  Not that I am ready for them to grow up, I am just excited to see the godly man and women they become!

No comments: