Thursday, April 8, 2010

I love homeschooling Jackson.  I really do.  But in my plans all of my children will be in public school and I will be teaching.  This does not seem to be the plan that is happening at the moment.  At the moment I am still homeschooling my first grader, Ellie is enrolled in CEC, and Char is on the wait list.  I know that Char is still very little for CEC but I just wanted to have a break a couple days a week.  Especially if Jackson was still going to be home.  We are making great strides and I want him to be able to be independent and succeed.  I just don't think he is there yet, unfortunately.  I don't want to rush him.  But where do I start seeing more progress?  Are my expectations so unbelievably high?  I am a self proclaimed control freak, and these decisions are completely out of my control!  I can traipse down to the school and register them where I want them to go but it doesn't mean they will get in.  I could call Faith West, but I have no idea who is going to pay them.  These are all decisions that honestly I know don't need to be made now. I am just so over this waiting and not knowing.  I talk to other mom's (homeschool and not) and they all have their own opinions (none of which match each other!).  I digress.  I am spending thousands of dollars on my own education and have even started questioning this decision.  Although I strongly feel like it was God-led, I am still wondering if I should have been so ambitious.  I have to admit it would be easier if I didn't have to worry about my assignments every week.  Oh well.....

No comments: