Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jackson Hunter Brown

Today we celebrate the birth of my first born child.  The past seven years have been full of many emotions and events.  I would not trade one single second.  Approx. 8 years ago, I found out that I was pregnant.  We had only been married for a couple of months.  It was a shock and a happy surprise.  Sadly, only a month later the baby I was so excited for passed away.  I was so heart broken and felt like somebody or something ripped away all of my joy.  No, I was not planning for a baby but I had one and now I wanted it back.  The doctors told me to wait but I couldn't.  I wanted a baby.  Two months later on Troy's birthday I found out that I was pregnant again.  This one was not without its own troubles but in the end on April 28, my baby, my first born, my son came into this world.  All of the struggles that I had were forgotten the moment he was laid on my chest.  He was perfect and he was mine.  God entrusted me with him. 

Jackson, in your short life of seven years, you have grown to be such a loving boy.  You have a deep compassion for others.  You are always helping me around the house and with your sisters.  You have an imagination that I am in awe of.  Sometimes I laugh because you seem to confuse reality with pretend.  But I love that about you.  We are homeschooling for the first time this year and although you like to give me a hard time, you are doing so well.  You are learning to read and you are gaining a confidence that I hope you will carry for the rest of your life.  My prayer for you is that you will grow to be a godly man and that you will one day lead your wife and children on the path that the Lord has set for you.  You are my sweetest pea and I love you.  Happy Birthday!

No comments: