Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Peace that Passes...

Today Troy had his surgery on his foot.  It has been a long time coming and I am so glad he finally did it.  Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this whole foot saga. 

Today I woke up at 430 am.  It was early but I was refreshed.  A friend came over to watch the kids and Troy and I arrived at the hospital at 515.  I was tired after sitting for a while and once they called him back I was ready for a nap.  Initially I sat alone while they got him ready (starting the iv and taking his vitals).  I was just sitting.  Not thinking about anything.  Not the surgery not my day, nothing.  They called me back and I got to talk to the doctor.  He was super nice and I knew Troy was in good hands.  They told me 2-4 hours.  What a window!  Anyway, I went back to the waiting area to eat some breakfast it was 7 am by this point.  I made the necessary calls and even prayed with Mom and Emily.  Emily made the comment about my nerves and for the first time I realized that I was not having any nervousness.  None!  Not one little smidgen. 

After breakfast I hung out in front of the surgery center.  I found a semi-comfy couch and took off my shoes.  I was in it for the long haul.  I fell asleep once and was awoken by a nurse calling my name.  It was a different Christi, oh well back to reading my book.  Fast forward 4 1/2 hours.  I realized that I had already read 18 chapters of my book and that they had still not called my name.  Where was Troy?  I thought that maybe I should pray.  I didn't know if they were even still operating but I went ahead and did it.  It went a little like this:

"Lord I know that you are in complete control.  I am not worried. 
Please continue to guide the hands of Dr. Jacobs.  
Thank you for your peace today."


It hit me.  I had not been anxious all day.  Not one time.  Not even when I had heard nothing.  I was all alone for several hours I had not had any distraction except for my book that was all about the love and sovereignty of my King! I have prayed for peace that passes all understanding before and I have felt at peace before, but never like this. God is good and I want to let you all know that too.  Many of you do, some of you don't.  But what I do know is that it is an awesome feeling and I pray that you all will feel it one day. 

Oh, and the surgery went well and there were some unexpected things but Troy is good and the doctor is hopeful that he will recover well!

No comments: