Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Body and Soul

I have been on a several month journey where I have really been working on me.  This is a big deal for me because I have never felt as though it was okay to take care of myself.  A lie many of us tell ourselves. 

I have learned a lot about myself; the way I think, the way I respond, and why I do all of those things.  I have decided to take this journey of the soul through Christian counseling and I have never made a better decision.

Lately I have realized that I am taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back every couple of weeks.  I realized that although my soul was being healed my body was suffering.  I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts and I live in pain and other horrible symptoms at least 2 1/2 weeks a month.  I have started researching and have found some holistic ways of treating endometriosis.  I have started them this last week and can already tell a huge difference. 

So I have started a new part of my journey.  I have started the process of healing my body.  We will see how it goes and where it takes me.

No comments: