Wednesday, March 23, 2011

She can swing!

It is a typical morning in the Brown house today.  We just finished working on our lap books and now the kids are outside enjoying the semi-cool morning while I catch up on email and other random things.  I am sitting in the living room in front of our big window occasionally looking up and watching what they are doing. And much to my surprise I see me 2 1/2 year old sitting on a 'big' swing going almost as high as her sister.  The only thing is there is no one pushing her.  As I watch her I realize she is pumping her legs! 

Oh my goodness!  She can swing!

I know that first children are slow to do things because they don't have someone to watch and the subsequent siblings catch on more quickly; but man, I was not expecting this!  She is growing up so fast and that makes me so sad! :( If I am being totally honest it makes my uterus hurt! I have been heart broken over her milestones because that means that she is no longer a baby.  She is closer to a preschooler than a toddler now.  I know I am not the only one who feels this way..right?

No comments: