Thursday, July 28, 2011

This isn't going to last forever

Char just came into the living room holding her dress up around her chest with a long strip of toilet paper in her hands.  She looked at me with all seriousness and said, "I need you to wipe my hiner".

This made me think of her and how little she is and how big she is all at the same time.  Not quite 3 she is talking like a big girl.  She is completely potty trained and she doesn't even tell me when she has to go anymore (hence the reason she has to come find me to help her!). She is "writing" her letters and shapes, she only knows how to make a circle.  And she loves to read me the stories in her books.

But then there are those times that she just wants to be held.  Times when she wants me to blow on her food because it is too hot.  Times when she is scared and needs me to go with her to make sure it is all right. Times when she needs me to wipe her hiner!  I love that little girl.  I am not ready for my baby to grow up! She still has a long way to go!

No comments: