Friday, June 3, 2011

New Curriculum...Why do we have to change?

Something you may not know about the homeschool world is that there are SO MANY CHOICES!  Oh my goodness!  I love that there are a million blogs and I have a ton of friends that homeschool but goodness me...there is so much to choose from. Everybody has their favorites, including me. 

This is the time of year that everything goes on sale.  So I am reading blogs and forums and even receiving emails from websites about all of the great deals.  I am getting sucked into thinking that I need to change.  Well it ain't broke so I shouldn't fix it!  So I am not.  But I am!  Ha! I know same old Christi, can't make up her mind! :) 

I purchased Hooked on Phonics.  Not because I wanted to use it (no comments Mindy) but because I wanted to resell it.  I bought it for a super cheap price and I knew I could make some cash off of it.  It arrived.  I opened it and now I think I want to use it!  It is for older kids 2nd-6th grade.  Jackson is almost done with Sing Spell Read and Write that he has been doing since we pulled him out.  So we actually do need something new.  This is actually a perfect transition.  SSRW is extremely expensive and I just don't have the money for it right now.  So I guess God had a different plan for J. Hunter this year!  So on Monday we are starting Hooked on Phonics! I will let you know how it goes! :)

No comments: