Monday, November 21, 2011

Silence

My house is quiet.  Too quiet.  There is no laughter, no yelling, no screaming, no stomping on the laminate floor. It is quiet.  Why? you ask. My kids are at Grammy and Popsy's house! A few weeks ago when Mom called to see if we would come there for Thanksgiving she also asked if they could take the kids a few days earlier.  All 3!!!  This has never been done before.  So yesterday I met my dad halfway between here and there and dropped the kids with him.  The ride home was nice and quiet.  Once I was able to get home and be still it was too quiet.  I almost couldn't stand it.  This morning I have been very productive.  I miss the kids but I am enjoying the silence. We will see how the rest of the week goes.

1 comment:

Tote-ally Blessed Ellen said...

Oh blessed silence! It will be a long, eerie few days I'm sure. But how refreshing the time will be! Enjoy it! Then, when you see your sweet little ones in a few days, it will be bliss.