Saturday, January 22, 2011

We are in a rut

So the other day I blogged about how I am just going to go with the flow when it comes to homeschooling my kids, and I am.  I just feel like we are in a rut.  Right now it is not fun for me.  The kids are learning, this I know, but I don't feel like we are having much fun doing it. 

I have been trying to think of ways to make it more fun for all of us.  I think next week we are going to take all of our lessons outside.  Ellie is working on writing her letters, I have plenty of sidewalk chalk for that.  And Jackson is working on fractions, I am sure we can find something outside to do that.  We just need a change to get us out of our homeschool rut.  I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that it is freezing outside and so it is not as fun to be out there for too long. 

Any ideas from the peanut gallery?

No comments: