Thursday, April 28, 2011

How is your heart?

I feel the Lord has really been working on me lately.  Which is funny because he has been working on me for a long time...so I don't know why I think he takes a break! :)  Anyway, he has been showing me new things that I did not know about myself.  The main thing is my heart and where it is right now. 

I have heart issues.  I think we all do.  But I don't know that we can truly see them unless the Holy Spirit shows them to us.  I have been reading Philippians 2, something the Holy Spirit was leading me to do.  He has used this scripture to discipline me.  I use the word discipline because discipline and disciple are the same when it comes to the Lord.  He has used the first 4 versus to show me my junk.  He has convicted me of my selfish pride.  No, I didn't get a spanking or some other physical punishment but what I did get was a feeling of shame and guilt for the way I had allowed myself to become.  But in the same verses he shows how good he is, by sending Jesus to die on the cross for me. After realizing the Holy Spirit was convicting me I was able to repent and then receive his blessing.  How awesome is that? 

I am excited to see what else he has in store for me!

Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, 
if there is any consolation of love,
if there is any fellowship of the Holy Spirit,
if any affection or compassion, 
make my joy complete, 
by being of the same mind,
maintaining the same love, 
united in spirit, 
intent on one purpose.
Do nothing out of selfishness of empty conceit,
but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;
do not merely look out for your own personal interests but for the interests of others.
Have this attitude in yourselves that which was also in Christ Jesus,
who, although, existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped
Being found in appearance as a man,  
He humbled Himself by becoming  
obedient to the point of death, even 
 death on a cross. 
Philippians 2:1-8

No comments: