Sunday, April 17, 2011

Unplugged

Today marks Palm Sunday, the day Jesus entered the city.  The day that Hosanna came.  The day he proclaimed without any words that He was the Messiah.  This is all leading up to the fact that He died. 
He died. 
He died a very brutal and painful sinner's death.
He died a very brutal and painful sinner's death even though he was unblemished.
He died a very brutal and painful sinner's death even though he was unblemished for me so that I could have eternal life.

I came home from church today thinking about that.  This is very overwhelming.  I began reading my Bible and just concentrating on His Word.  While I did that I was interrupted several times by my children.  I don't mind the interruptions but these were for things like the TV and video games and computer time.  Their lives, and mine for that matter, are consumed by something that is not godly.  The TV, video games and computer have all become distractions from what is truly important.  So this week we are unplugging!  I am turning everything off.  I still have school and will commit to only turning on the computer for school related activities.  But I will not be on facebook or blogging.  I want to lead by example and train up my children in the way they should go!

Deuteronomy 16:22 "You shall not set up for yourself a sacred pillar which the Lord your God hates."

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 "Hear O Israel!  The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all you heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words with which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you are in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."

No comments: