Monday, October 19, 2009

Today I had a parent-teacher conference with Jackson's teacher. It was only supposed to take 20 minutes max. It ended up being almost an hour. He is really struggling with all aspects of school, which is heart breaking for me. He is such a smart kid, something is just not clicking. We broached the subject of possible learning disabilites like dyslexia but really at this age it is too hard to tell. He appears to be an auditory learner but putting pen to paper is hard for him. Ha! That is all that school is. So anyway, I am excited that he has improved even since the beginning of the year. I am also glad that his teacher loves him and knows that he is a good kid. We are just going to have to work hard and figure out what is best for him. We will figure it out and he will do well I am sure of that! "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

No comments: