Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Falling Behind

So I have not posted in several days and I am kicking myself for it.  I have however had several chances to give and I have also seen some blessings.  I was able to fill in for a friend at church so that she could hear an awesome sermon that was meant especially for her.  The kids and I made cupcakes for our volunteer firefighters by our neighborhood.   (They have been very busy lately). I have a super fancy very expensive infant car seat that was given to me and now I am able to give it to someone that just got a baby placed in their home unexpectedly.  We turned in our Operation Christmas boxes and I was able to show the kids how much of an impact and how important it was.  I spent time with a friend that has been lonely lately.  (I know that sounds kind of corny but the fact that I invited her to do something and just spent time with her really blessed her, I know because she told me so!).  I spent Saturday morning making cards for Jay and his fellow troops so that they could send special notes home from Afghanistan.  I know there is more but honestly I am unable to think of them.  That is why I am kicking myself for not posting! 

So here are some blessings.  A woman that I know from church that has recently become a prayer partner and a new friend really offered to watch my girls during the week while I am homeschooling Jackson.  She normally charges a lot of money to do it but wants to help me because she feels led by the Lord.  We got a flat tire and the spare ended up being flat too, not a blessing but it happened in our neighborhood which was a blessing!  Oh and it only cost $14 to fix!! 

Last Thursday was my last day with Caleb.  It was bittersweet.  I will miss the little guy.  He is so sweet and he liked to play with Charlotte.  He was super easy because he still took 2 naps.  I also made good money from watching him.  So losing him means I am losing a playmate for Char and a paycheck.  But I am gaining a play date because Denise will be home now.  This process has been smooth and stress free.  I am not worrying about where the money will come from our what will happen next.  I am at peace with it because I know that provisions will come another way.  Oh, and did I mention it will be easier to homeschool without him here!?  So that will be nice.  I am counting down the days until Kayden's last day.  Not because I don't want her here but because I can't wait for the quiet and the flexibility of not having extra kids.

No comments: