Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 1

Honestly today I did not really give anything away monetarily.   I did however give my time and I loved on one of the sweetest boys, Riley Miller today.  I love that boy.  He was not having the best day and he ended up in my lap and I just talked to him and he just smiled at me. 

Last Thursday I received a thank you along with a gift card in the mail.  It was totally unexpected and it came from someone I barely know.  About 2 months ago, while at Mardel's, there was a woman who lost her keys.  The manager asked us to keep an eye out in case we found them.  The entire store was looking for her keys.  My kids looked while I shopped and I looked too.  At one point I looked up and saw a woman from church, someone that I has children that I have watched, I did not know her name but said hello.  She was the one who had lost her keys.  I told her we would keep an eye out and kept browsing for myself.  We were in there for at least 30 minutes if not longer.  As I went to check out I saw her still looking for her keys.  You could tell she was flustered and I went to her and asked if I could take her to get another set (home, husband's work etc).  She was surprised but accepted.  We then introduced ourselves.  She did not live that close but really I had no other plans that day.  I took her home and she was able to go back later with her husband and they found the keys.  That week at church I saw her and she told me the story and thanked me over and over.  It was no big deal because really I would hope that someone would have done it for me.  Flash forward 2 months and she sends me this beautiful card and a really nice note from her.  She didn't have to do that and she really didn't have to give me gift card.  I would do it agian tomorrow.  God is good and He put me there at the right time!

No comments: