Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peace in His plan!

A lot is going on the Brown household. 

  1. Troy's job is in limbo. He is looking for another one but so far nothing (although there are prospects).
  2. Our financial situation is looking pretty grim.  These last 2 months of Troy not working has taken a toll on our finances on top of the fact that we didn't make the best choices.
  3. The van died and we are one car family right now.  Which is not bad except that Troy works so far away it is nearly impossible to share.
  4. Homeschooling is about to start and although I am excited I have started feeling a lot of doubt lately. Not about my ability to teach or if this is a God thing but about the choices and knowing if they are right for Jackson and Ellie. 
  5. School for Troy and myself is busy!
  6. Troy's dad's health is failing and he is planning all of these major surgeries (with no one there to help him!). 
  7. Thoughts of upcoming events like ballet and football and not knowing how we will be able to pay for all of it and so desperately not wanting to disappoint our children.
The list could be longer but I think you get the idea.  A lot is going on.  So last week I was worried.  I prayed a lot and questioned God's timing.  I know that His timing is good I just don't see it.  But through that God showed me how He was going to take care of us.  Only for this past week.  He did and I am grateful.. All bills were paid, groceries were paid for and someone even let us borrow their car for the week.  I was driving and praying and talking to God and He showed me how in my obedience to Him and in my repentance of some bad choices He was taking care of me last week.  I could totally see it.  It wasn't a big neon sign with flashing lights or a big over sized cardboard check with a lot of zeros.  But it was exactly what we needed.  I went home and made the comment to Troy, "I could sit here and think about all the crap but you know what I am listening to Scripture and letting 'tomorrow' worry about itself!".  So freeing you know.  I have been at total peace all week about what appears on the outside to be a grim situation.  If you ask my Bible Study group they will tell you I was pretty distraught in the beginning of last week. I don't know how everything else is going to play out but I do not that God is taking it one day at a time and so will I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will being praying for you. I am with you on the #4 and #7. You are a sweet dear friend.

Elinette said...

"I will hear what God the Lord will say. For He will speak PEACE to His people; to His holy ones. But let them not turn back to folly". Psalm 85:8