Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lapbooks

This year we are trying something new, lap-booking. The basic concept is with each subject we will be making a book about what we have learned.  We will be doing this with FIAR and with some of our Bible lessons.  I have already picked out what to do for our first FIAR book which is The Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack.  I was directed by some great homeschoolers to a website that offers so many free resources.  All I had to do was go online and pick what I wanted to do.  I went and bought different file folders and even accordion file folders for each kid.  That way they can go back and look at what they did and what they have learned.

I am so excited.  I will post our first week when we are done with it so you can see if it was a success!

No comments: